Subaru Makes BRZ More Entertaining, More Blue. Three years have passed since Subaru broke its own all-wheel-drive mold and gave us the visceral, rear-drive delight that is the BRZ sports car.
- The 2014 BRZ is still an all-star sports car that delivers ideal rear-drive. The honeymoon of the BRZ will be long and blissful, helping drivers.
- Get the latest reviews of the 2014 Subaru BRZ. New Cars. the BRZ two-door is for drivers who want to be delighted by the act, not for those.
- Full review of the production Subaru BRZ sports car. Read driving impressions.
- 2013 Subaru BRZ Premium. 40,000 miles with Subaru's sharp and sweet but.
- I've defended the BRZ and its Scion sibling on Motor Trend as bargain driver's cars not at all underpowered for what they are. And while the 2013 Subaru BRZ.
For 2016, the sport coupe is getting an interior technology upgrade, but zero styling and powertrain updates. Sorry but this year’s entertainment enhancement is really just infotainment enhancement. Front and center (literally) on the interior upgrade list for the BRZ is the availability of Subaru’s Starlink infotainment system with a 6. 2-inch display, HD radio, satellite radio, a single-disc CD player (yes, they still make those), and the usual Bluetooth/iPod/USB/aux input action.
Also new for 2016 is a standard rear-view camera. Subaru also announced that it will once again introduce a blue-themed limited edition (as it did with the 2015 BRZ ). It’s building 500 2016 BRZs Series. Hyperblue models, featuring black 17-inch wheels, gloss black on the badges and exterior mirrors, and a coat of retina-scorching Hyper Blue paint. The interior dons leather and faux-suede upholstery, with blue seat bolsters, headrests, and stitching, accented by an embroidered silver BRZ logo on the front seat backs. A frameless rear-view mirror and faux carbon-fiber center-dash trim come with the package. The BRZ Series.
Hyperblue models are joined by a WRX STI Series. Hyperblue special edition that gets roughly the same enhancements, including the Hyper Blue paint, black 18-inch wheels, and a smattering of blue interior bits Some 700 will be produced.
Pricing for both models will be announced this fall, closer to the time when the cars will be arriving in dealerships, giving you plenty of time to find your polarized sunglasses for what are certain to be a polarizing pair of cars.